It feels like every time I open a newspaper, magazine or website I stumble across an article on one of our amazing Business Changing clients! Good people doing good things – it’s definitely something I’m very proud to be a part of.
Here are a few of the media stories I’ve caught and other wins and awards by our Business Changing clients.
– Lance Jimmieson from JACKSON ENGINEERING provided the air conditioning consult on an incredible underwater restaurant in the Maldives, which was recently awarded Most Beautiful Restaurant in the World by the New York Daily News. That’s it pictured above – stunning, right?
– LITTLE FLOCK OF HORRORS received media coverage on the global distribution of their merino childrenswear, including being stocked in the heralded Barney’s in America – such a coup. Check out their articles in Idealog and NZ Herald here. Look forward to seeing what’s next, Lucy & Fran! Their other business, MODULE MARKETING, is a finalist in the Westpac Business Awards, as is ALURO HEALTHCARE.
– Wellington clothing designers KOWTOW have been on a winning streak. They recently won the Wellington Fastest Growing Exporter award and are finalists in the 2014 Deloitte Fast 50. They also had a great feature on their offices in Homestyle magazine. Nice one, Emma, Sarah and Gosia!
– Hayley Budd from RECYCLE BOUTIQUE in Christchurch had a great write-up in Business Day. Read about the young entrepreneur taking a punt, successfully, here.
– Fashion designer and stylist ANGELA STONE has branched out into wine – and to great success! Bob Campbell included Angela Stone Chardonnay in the Top 12 Chardonnay’s in New Zealand, Winestate Magazine awarded it 4 stars (the Pinot Noir and Savignon Blanc got 3 stars), and Wine Orbit awarded the Chardonnay 4.5 stars and the Pinot Noir and Sauvignon Blanc 4 stars. Cheers to that, Angela!
– APX TRAVEL MANAGEMENT picked up Best Brand Corporate – Multi Location at the NTIA Awards. They also had finalists in the Best Corporate Travel Consultant and Best Corporate Manager categories. Awesome effort, Andrew and the team!
– Caroline Marr from THE CARPENTER’S DAUGHTER had a fantastic write up in Next magazine about her business. Caroline’s story is an inspiring one!
– Mark Fisher from EIGHTY4 RECRUITMENT just celebrated his one-year anniversary of being in business. Definitely one to watch!
– Megan Clark of COPPER BRAND EXPERIENCES continued her domination of media with a great write-up in the NZ Herald on how she chooses her team (read that here) and in NZ Marketing magazine talking about experiential. She also got asked to judge at Spikes Asia – the Asia Pacific Festival of Advertising Creativity after her recent judging performance at the Cannes Lions – well deserved, Meg!
– THE EVENT WORKS GROUP also featured in NZ Marketing magazine, with owner Steve Deane talking about the role of pop-up venues in NZ experiential marketing. The Event Works Group also celebrated 20 years in business in early October with a very swish bash – congrats on the milestone, Steve and Lisa! And keep an eye out for Steve on TV3 in the coming future – he’s set to star in a story about successful business people with dyslexia.
– Global tour operator TRAFALGAR won Best Tour Operator and Best Trade Sales Team at the Globe Travel Awards 2014. They also launched a new website and it’s incredible – check it out yourself here.
– ENGINE ROOM’s interior revamp got the big thumbs up, with a brilliant write-up in HOME magazine, plus they were featured in the global foodie tome, 1001 Restaurants You Must Experience Before You Die.
– Speaking of eateries, it would be remiss of me not to mention Sip Mounlath’s fabulous success with BOLAVEN. As well as being chocka most nights, it’s also had glowing reviews from everyone including Denizen, Canvas, Viva, Gather & Hunt and Monocle – a very, very cool global magazine. Bolaven is proving to be a great office-away-from-home for me, too!
– Congrats to Heidi and Louisa who recently sold their pride and joy, BELLY BEYOND. Time for a well-deserved break before they start their next venture, whatever it will be.
– Lizzi Hines of SPACEWORKS has been her usual busy self, launching Pop Up Now and getting ready to launch a residential design service called Room by Room. She also lent her expert voice to a three part renovation special in Your Home & Garden magazine.
– Mary Ellen Davy from brand development and consultancy business ELLEN AND ELLEN spoke to me about how to create a brand that pulls – read that here.