Stop and think about when your last business “a-ha” moment was. (Hopefully there has been at least one in the past few months, otherwise your business has surely plateaued.)
Where did this “a-ha” moment happen? On one of your busiest days in the office? Probably not. In my experience, the best ideas come when we have the space to think and ponder, far enough away from the day-to-day business operations to get some perspective. I can’t tell you the amount of times I’ve had an a-ha moment in the shower!
If you haven’t improved your processes lately, your creativity is stifled or you’re just generally battling, it’s time to get some new inspiration. Time to step back and come up with some better business practices you can apply to take your business to the next level.
Here are 4 things to try:
1. Take a long drive or flight. I’m talking longer than your commute home in rush hour traffic or a quick flight to Wellington – I mean travelling for at least 3 hours. Many people solve their business issues when they’re travelling because it gives you the time and quiet to think, without the distractions of a phone or emails. It gives you the time to mull over which points of your business aren’t working quite the way you want them to and then the head-space you need to solve those issues.
2. Head to new surroundings. Explore a new city or country or visit a friend at their workplace and ask for the grand tour. Anything that opens your eyes to how other people are doing things is a good thing for business.
3. Have a yarn with someone else in business. Talk to them about what has changed their business for the better, how they’ve overcome any of the struggles you’re facing or what they’d do in your shoes. They might give you some good insights or ideas, but, honestly, sometimes even just voicing a problem or issue is all it takes to clarify what you need to do.
4. Seek further education. I’m not talking about enrolling in a three-year post grad (though if you want to, go for it!) but I am encouraging you to head along to a conference on a topic that interests you or a speaker that you respect. Listening to other people can be all it takes to feel motivated and inspired and, if it’s a good speech or conference, you should come away with at least one gem to apply to your business.
5. You could come to Fiji for the Nurture Change Business Retreat and combine all 4.
I am so excited about this retreat and what it can offer to business people like you. There’s amazing speakers talking on topics that apply to every business, there’s a daily business panel where experts will address your business dilemmas and there’s enough downtime for you to think on your business and what needs to change.
We have over 90 business people already booked to come along from all sorts of industries – who knows what lessons they can share with you and what business ideas and deals you’ll come up with from meeting and talking to them?! It’s exciting!
With less than 2 months to go, you need to secure your spot now. Enter the code ZAC when you book and you’ll get $200 off. But do it now! It’s the best business investment you’ll make this year.